Monday, February 05, 2007

This weekend, Part 2

K and I attended the funeral of my Aunt in Athens, GA. She was 81. She and her family are some of our favorite people to visit as they are always positive, going somewhere people. Aunt L was a picture of dignity, grace, and poise. A nurse by training, a wife by marriage, mother to 3 and grandmother to 5, she was the embodiment of a Proverbs 31 woman, and it showed by the number of people attending her funeral.

Cousins B (from NC), J and a brother of Aunt L's did wonderful eulogies, speaking of growing up with Aunt L as mom or sister and the strength of Aunt L, even to the end.

Unfortunately for everyone, I neglected to bring my camera after unloading if from the car from the previous day at the pool (see the previous post), so pictures of Uncle J, B, B, J and their families are unavailable.

To my brother and sisters, I passed along your love and sympathies for Aunt L. I bragged about you, your accomplishments and your families, bringing everyone up to date on your lives and activities as I know them. Uncle J, B, B and J pass along their thanks and appreciation for your love, prayers, support and best wishes over the past couple of months as they went through this illness with Aunt L.

Together, we are all saddened at the passing of a wonderful woman, Aunt L, supportive of Uncle J and our cousins in their time of mourning and comforted in the knowledge that Aunt L is no longer in pain, made whole by the healing power of God.

No comments: