Sunday, August 19, 2007

Dad's Wedding

For those of you that did not know, my father got married last weekend. Nothing unusual about that, other than he is 80 years old and married Dorothy, an 80 year old woman. My brother, sisters and I are very happy for Dad and Dorothy. I am going to try something different on this post and post links to my photobucket account for purposes of pictures.

Before the pictures, there is one minor story: My father asked me to stand for his wedding and I agreed without reservations. As I was getting ready for he wedding, I noticed a very small but new hole in the lapel of my suit about the size of a wire clothes hanger hook end. I spent about 20 minutes trying to find a way to hide the hole, finally using the boutonniere as the mask. Fast forward to about 10 minutes before the wedding was to begin. I was walking out in the church to find someone for answers to a question. My S-I-L's mother (Mrs. L) stopped me and asked a question. Her question prompted my memory...... I FORGOT THE RINGS. Yep, left them at Dad's house. I quickly excused myself from Mrs L., told Dad what had happened and hopped into the car. God and the Sylvan Police were looking out for me as I made it from the church, to Dad's house and back to the church in 6 minutes. No speeding tickets, no adverse traffic signals, back in the church before time to start the wedding.





















1 comment:

meh said...

Wow - great photos! Thanks for sharing. My mom went on and on about how great you all look, how fab the wedding was, etc. I'm so happy for the Newlyweds and for all of you.