Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Two in one day

Especially after not posting for a month, I am posting two in one day.

I had to go on a business trip to Northern NJ, so I brought K along. K had never been to NYC so I thought that this would be a great opportunity. K and I drove from our hotel, down to the NJ docks and took the ferry over from NJ to Midtown.


From there, K and I walked to the Empire State Building. We walked around it, but the line was 2+ hours wait, so we did not go up. But here is K at the Empire State Building:


Then we wandered back to 7th Ave and found the Macy's. This is for all the shoppers out there (A, C and others.):


We wandered around in Time Square for a bit, going into the Hershey Chocolate shoppe and the M and M building. I got K to pose for a picture with the M and M:


I also saw a poster on one of the walls in Time Square that reminded me of a young woman in my life. So I took a picture for her, A this is for you:


We then went on a 3 hour Circle Line tour. It was nice to see NY from a different point of view. As we went by the Statue of Liberty, it was moving and impressive. As if there are not enough pictures of the SoL, here is my take from the Circle Line tour boat:


Then, after taking the ferry back across the Hudson, the night scape of NYC is fantastic. At the right of the below picture is the Empire State building. It is a glorious place to visit and a great place to leave.



We also visited Ground Zero, but it is busy with construction of the new building. We got to GZ too late for us to view the Memorials, etc, but the area was still impressive. One of the things that struck K was how there were sooooooooooo many really big buildings.

We lunch and dinner at some corner restaurants in "Hell's Kitchen". There we had some good Greek and Italian food.

K and I had a great time in NYC, but were very tired when we left. It was a day well spent, just touching the fringes of the culture and sights of NYC.

2 comments:

Carol P. said...

Great pics, and they remind me of the Flat E pictures last year! (And what, Flat E got to NYC before K???)

PS: At the end of the school year, the teacher sent home all the Flat E stuff you sent. First I'd seen it, but thanks! And the UNC pompoms have gone to a bunch of soccer games since they're just a lighter shade of the same blue as their uniforms...

Anonymous said...

Glad someone is getting use out of the 39485457983745 pom poms I had. And who's that lady in all your pics? She sure is a hottie :)
-A