Saturday, November 15, 2008

It is fall, and I get to ge neat places

I was traveling recently north of Boston up into Maine. While traveling, one stop was in Belfast, ME to visit a potato manufacturer. After the appointment, travels took us down RTE 1. It seems that I hit the best time for seeing the leaves change. It was a calico quilt of color. I drove from Manchester, NH to Rye NH, then up to Portland, ME then on to Belfast, then back to Boston. What scenery, what beauty. The below pictures were made standing in the same area, just different directions.





2 comments:

Carol P. said...

Wow, I love New England in the fall. It's gorgeous. Lovely little town squares with white buildings surrounded by explosions of maple leaves in golds and reds....

(A potato manufacturer? I thought potatoes grew in the ground? Science is advancing faster than I thought.)

The Girl Next Door said...

Awesome photos - almost makes me miss home. Well, I always miss home, but the weather? NNNNAAAAAHHHH.

Hope you are coming this way this week! (just not thursday!)