Monday, January 25, 2010

Earlier Today

Some of you know that I had my first, "over 50" colonoscopy today. Because I was a bit dehydrated, even after drinking water until no more could be consumed up until the 4 hours before the procedure, I became a human pin cushion when they were trying to put in the IV. They tried 5 different places on both arms until they could find a vein that would work. At one point, there were 4 different nurses around me, attempting to get the IV started. I told them I knew I was a babe magnet!

The worst part about the whole procedure was drinking their Kool-Aid. Those college beer chugging days certainly helped there. The stuff worked very quickly. My intestines sounded like there was a thunder storm just over the horizon, with all the gurgling and noises.

According to K, the doctor said everything was just fine, no polyps or other unusual things. I of course, was a bit loopy until about 6PM and remember very little other than flirting with the two nurses in revcovery. I only rememeber the good parts anyway.

Glad the next one will be 10 years from now.

No comments: