Sunday, June 17, 2007

Travels over the weekend

This weekend, K and I went on a road trip to Irwin, PA for a memorial service for Aunt L, a wonderful, dignified lady that was a great person to around. She was married to my mom's brother for 59 years before succumbing to cancer in the spring. There were 20 or so people in attendance, some from both sides of their family with K and I representing ours.

It was a time for remembering fun things we did, memories of family members now gone and share news of our lives as they happen in the place where we all say our family started. Uncle J, Aunt L, B, B and J had a great relationship inside their family and with my family and for that I am grateful.

Below are some pics:

My Uncle J

J, B and B
B and her family M and T

My cousin B, in a silly moment after having her picture taken many times.



I also want to thank my Aunt W for taking such great care of many of my family members grave sites. This one is from my sister and Great Aunt, however, my Mom's and other Aunt's look great as well.

2 comments:

Carol P. said...

Thanks for the pictures! It's great to see the cousins again! I'm sorry we couldn't be there.

DF said...

B made several references to your time in the Boston Area and how much she enjoyed your visits. Sorry you could not be there as well, but will see you in a couple of weeks.