Friday, June 13, 2008

Fathers Day

Dad, thanks. You have shown me how to be a good husband to K, and father to A and C. In the way you treated Mom and the way you now treat D. There is firmness enough take charge to get things done when needed, but enough softness to let me make the mistakes I needed to make to become a better person. The older I get, the more I sound like you. That is both scary and comforting because this road is pretty well traveled, and the example is a good one.

I remember all those nights, you standing in cold, snow or rain on game nights, offering your advice to us when we skating or playing ball. Delivering newspapers at very below zero, you were right there.

Having the 5 of us with our differing personalities, you and mom had your hands full. But for the most part, we came out just fine. No major issues among any of your kids. You call it luck, but really good examples do not hurt either.

Love ya and see you soon.

No comments: