Friday, June 27, 2008

Yesterday in DC

Yesterday I stopped in to see cuz MEH of the HimesGang up near DC. I got there about 7PM last evening and ultimately spent then night at her house as she was kind enough to offer. I had business calls in the area yesterday and one today, then on to home.

We had a great time. She bought dinner that was grilled by me, something about a guy and fire seems to go together, right? We sat and chatted about many things in both our lives since our last visit. We caught up on the family gossip about members on both sides, told many stories about silly things that happen to each of us at work and in general enjoyed the company.

Then Sh and Au come over from their dad's house next door and now we had new people to join in our conversation. It seems as if Au had his sugar/caffeine fix for the night as he was in pretty good form, wound up telling funny stories and being a energetic 15YO. Sh and I also had some good conversation and she seems to be maturing nicely as a young lady. She has a ready smile that is warm, with a great conversation style.

MEH, you have two wonderful kids, and thanks for the very enjoyable company last evening

1 comment:

meh said...

DF I am SOOO glad you came by. AU was dismayed to learn that I didn't really clean his room for you - I just shoved everything in the closet. I hope you didn't peek! Oh and the quilt is still here...for another day. Thanks for the comments about the kids. I love them, despite our trying times!