Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It is with heavy heart :(

that I pass along to you the demise of my 1994 Intrepid. She has 329,653 miles on her when she passed away tonight. Apparently from a blown seal, all the oil leaked out on the highway and the engine appeared to die. As it was 13 years old and we had put 311,00 miles on the car while we owned her, we have received full value for what we paid.

The car was in need of several minor repairs, but now is in need of a major repair, probably far exceeding the value of the vehicle. I cleaned out all of the stuff from the back seat and trunk, filling up a minivan with pumps and support supplies. I am a pack rat in my car, so there was much stuff.

I also want to say thanks to my S-I-L LW for the help as the car died near her home in Sandusky and she took me to Toledo to pick up a rental car so I could finish my business trip and get home.

1 comment:

Carol P. said...

300+K miles, eh? Not bad! Are you going to have a wake or just a scrap-melting?

Good thing it wasn't in the middle of Tennessee or something!