Thursday, March 08, 2007

Our House

I write this from a hotel in Ringgold, GA, just south of Chattanooga, TN. K and I have begun a remodeling project, similar in scope to my cousin ME to the north. We are renovating C's room. C and all her stuff are living in A's room.

K and I have gutted her room to the studs, removing her existing closet, opened an exterior wall and are creating a 5x8 walk in closet, making the room bigger and adding much insulation as there was none, the house was built in the 50's (there is that number again). The prep work for the closet was done some time ago and it has been "dry" for aver a year. We are just now getting to the room re-do. We are in the re-assembly stage, having built a separation wall and finished drywalling the new closet.

With the traveling that I do, the projects happen over weekends, so they tend to take a long time. This also means that we live in chaos for a long time. No pictures for now, but I will post before and after when the room is completed.

1 comment:

meh said...

Hope the project is going well. My sypathies and understanding - our basement project is on "hold" while we deal with other family issues. Not sure how I'm supposed to host Easter dinner with the dining room and living room full of basement stuff!!!!

And a very belated happy 50th - can't believe I ditzed out on that. You and my sis are only 1 day (and 1 year) apart!