Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Wow, It is May the 8th

Much has occurred over the past 2 weeks. I will try to cover it in as few words as possible.

1) Interphex was Interphex. As all trade shows are being attended less, so it was with Interphex. There were abour 30% fewer people there this year than last. Tuesday and Wednesday were ok from a people walking by standpoint, but Thursday was very slow. Fortunately for me, my company had a couple of new people with us at the show and asked me to take them around to some of the show to explain how our equipment works in systems. That part was fun.

2) I want to thank my boss for the cold he shared with everyone at Interphex. I have the left over sinus congestion but am otherwise back.

3) Last week, it was my responsibility to help show some of my Brazilian counterparts equipment in operation. This took the entire week and was a drain on my productive time. It did however help the Brazilian guys, even though there was a slight communication barrier. We went to paper mills, textile plants, chemical plants and Biopharm facilities. I think I gave them my cold.

4) A is home for the summer, so the drama has increased. She has been here only one day, yet there are conflicts between A and C. Nothing earth shattering, but C was the primary focus and now has to share the spotlight.

5) Item 4 above has created another issue. Since my Intrepid died, we have been making due with 2 cars. Now with 4 drivers, there will be more challenges. I am seeking a new vehicle. It does not, however, make sense to have 4 vehicles with 4 drivers when one of them will be away at school and cannot take a car with them (does it C?). We will only be inconvenienced during the summer months.

6) C's room is now 90% complete. There are some details that need to be completed (like widow coverings), but the paint is done and the closet shelving has been installed. Pictures will come later this week. Think Robbins Egg Blue with white trim.

More soon...

No comments: