Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I didn't know you had it in you!!!

My M-I-L Adela was talking with my S-I-L, LU. Adela was telling my SIL that I took a girl friend with me to NYC for the trade show. She was also telling SIL that my girl friend stayed in my hotel room, went out to dinner with me, wandered around NYC and we were even seen at the trade show together, verified by pictures. And Adela also said to my SIL that my wife, K knew all about it and had no problems with the arrangements. According to Adela, she was talking with my SIL for several minutes about our escapades in NYC. Only after a significant time did Adela tell SIL that the girl friend was Flat E!

When K told me this, I was driving in rural SC and about got into a wreck laughing. Nice job Adela, I did not know you had it in you!

And BTW, LU, if you are reading this, I appreciate in a good way some of the comments that were relayed from Adela.

2 comments:

meh said...

That is seriously funny. Good one.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - that mom of mine really had me going. I couldn't believe it.

Both of the kids were at Grandma's house and they guessed it right away. Must be the cynical women in me

augghhh