Monday, October 29, 2007

Flat E and the trip to Virginia

Flat E and I went on a business trip to western Virginia. Visiting Lexington, VA we stopped at VMI, Virginia Military Academy. This is a place the some of our forefathers had some adventure during the Civil War.









From Lexington, VA, we traveled along the Maury River were the leaves were pretty. We also found an old lock set for traveling the river, the pictures are below.





After doing some business in Lexington, VA, we traveled to Buena Vista, VA that was only a few miles away. This is another small town in the Shenandoah Valley. Since it was during the fall, the colors were pretty. We also saw a cool sign in the city.





After I did my business, we then traveled back toward Lynchburg, VA from Buena Vista,VA along HWY 501. It starts out along the Maury River, then at the peak of the mountains, 501 parallels the James River where again the colors were great. The views are not as great as out west, but for Eastern Mountains, the view was pretty great.









And then we saw a cool snail. Flat E was too big to fit into the picture.



Hope you like the pictures. We are off to NYC next.

3 comments:

Carol P. said...

Dear Uncle D

Thanks for the pictures of Flat E! I like all the places I'm going! But, please make sure I stay safe -- I'm kind of worried about how high up I was in some of those places.

Thanks!

E!

PS: My mom did the typing, so any misspellings are her fault!

DF said...

Don't worry, Flat E was held in places where it was just a short distance to the ground or was held in place by tape.

Carol P. said...

Phew! Thanks! Make sure to be safe!

Love,

E!