Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Kitchen

As many of you know, K and I recently remodeled our kitchen. We installed a huge (over 10 feet long) island that has been a great place for preparing dinner, folding clothes, doing homework and just leanin'.

K and I have discussed several times about placing various types of lighting over the island. As we were in the local big box building supply house, we saw what I wanted, on sale. We have installed (5) pendant style, track lights over the island. They have white glass "shades". I sought more color, but we could not find proper coordinating colors, but the white looks great. For A and K, the jury is still out, but I like them a lot.

The other overhead lighting was turned off to show off the new lighting, but here is a picture of the new installation

1 comment:

Carol P. said...

Kewl! Can you come out and remodel our kitchen sometime?