Sunday, October 15, 2006

Popcorn Tonight!

In my daily life, I ship many things, frequently, through trucking companies and package delivery services like DHL and UPS. I go through much tape, many boxes and much packaging materials.

A box recycler opened recently near the UPS terminal which are both located about 3 miles from home. They buy and resell box overstock supplies and used boxes from cardboard manufacturers and industrial companies that send or receive thousands of boxes. The sell each box for about $1 to the walk in public. Since I have discovered them, they are now my preferred box supplier.

As was said earlier, I go through much packaging material. If bought from Office Depot or the like, a large bag of popcorn lasts two shipments. I was commenting to the lady at the box place about this, whereupon she indicated that she had a bigger bag of popcorn, for about the cost of a large bag at Office Depot.. I took that to mean it was about twice as big as the standard big bag (assumption: me) so I said that I would take two.

The two bags filled up the minivan. To get them into the van and home, one had to go in from the side, the other through the back hatch. And it was a fold down the rear seats and tip back middle seat kind of pack it in. No room for any passenger other than a co-pilot, but she was not with me this time.

Below is what is left of one bag having shipped about 15 boxes of equipment (with our dining room table in the background for reference) and I have used about half of it. I still have another full bag, stored in the shed. C has said that it looks like it would be a fun place to dive.




K and C have not stopped kidding me about being the Popcorn King. I deserve the kidding, in this case.

No comments: