Sunday, December 17, 2006

Digital Cameras

One of the best uses of the digital camera is documentation. When in the middle of some project, I can take a picture of something, send K off to the local Hardware store with the statement: " I need to have some of these". While K is very knowledgeable and helps a lot, she does not know all of the terminology, so she pulls out the camera and says" "My husband sent me to get this, can you help?" It saves 3 cell phone calls and an extra trip to the store by me.

It also helps me remember how things go back together. I am usually pretty good at disassembly and re-assembly, but sometimes back-up is needed. By taking a picture of the before, the after can get back to the way it was designed, with fewer extra parts.

Digital cameras are also good for parts identification without removal. By using the Macro mode, the ID label on parts can be viewed, even when on the wrong side of the part. And if the photo is taken with high enough resolution, it can be enlarged on the computer so that every digit can be interpreted properly.

Digital cameras are great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey D! This is your most beautiful sister-in-law L (guess which one - be careful). I heard about your blog from L - she said she has been reading it for about 9 months. Wow (wink, wink)now I know what I have been missing :-)