Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Boredom In NY

I am waiting for business associates to fly in to Albany, NY. I am sitting in a Panera Bread typing this, having started this day in Pottsdam, NY. It has been a long day of business calls and snowy travel. Near Oswego, NY, along Lake Ontario, there was one of those "Lake Effect Snows" that was wild. We were traveling along in partly cloudy skies, when we could see the sky ahead turn dark. It went from dry conditions to heavy snow in about 3 minutes. At times, the snow was so hard that it was nearly impossible to see 100 feet to the car in front of me. This lasted for 15-20 miles and then, just as fast, was gone. Saw many cars in ditches and a truck that was blown over. The cars were from States other than NY. All in all, just another day in business.

Hope yours was good too.

1 comment:

Carol P. said...

Heh, today I'm going to work around the world without ever leaving the street. Yesterday evening and tonight, I'm in conference calls with India. This morning, I was squiring M and E at the bus stop while on a call to London. Luckily, I didn't have to speak while the bus was going by...

No snow though, bummer. But maybe I'll go to Panera Bread for lunch tomorrow. You've made me hungry for a fancier sandwich than I can make here at home...

Have a good trip!