Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Some Pictures from Key West

As promised earlier, here are some pictures of my time here in Key West. The temperature is in the upper 60's and the wind is about 10MPH, but gusting to the mid 20's so it can be cool, in a relative sort of way. I like it, but I have more insulation.

First, some local vegetation, a Coconut tree. Notice the blue sky in the background.


This is a view over a marsh. It was only slightly breezy at the time of the picture.


Here is the stern of the yacht, about 150 feet long, masts standing about as tall. The fit, finish and wood trim is just immaculate and the ship is just beautiful. I hails from the UK and I am told it cost about 25 million pounds. Looking at it, the cost is quite evident. There are many tourists that stop and stare at this fine ship. It has dual 21 ft dinghies, jet powered (vs prop).



Wandering all over, these "free range" chickens are very interesting. Many are very colorful, but I am told they are protected, being descendents of the chickens brought over during the discovery period. It is funny to see them wandering around. They cross the road when they want to (there is a joke in there somewhere), yet you do not see them getting hit by the cars. There is no evidence of chicken pate anywhere, these things are fast.



The cruise ships to Key West dock right outside our hotel. It is only a 2 block walk to Duval Street, the tourist trap area in Key West. It is tremendous fun to people watch as they look at all the stuff for sale here.



If I get a chance, I will post other photos as I take them.

No comments: